Monday, November 19, 2007

November 2007 Update

Hi from Kentucky! I hope you're busy saving up some stomach room for Thanksgiving--I'm thinking of eating cereal all week util Thursday. Here's a quick update on the life and times of Kelly Wills.

In This Issue
Where in the world is Kelly Wills?
Support raising update
Now you can donate online! Here's how...


Where in the world is Kelly Wills?
Kelly and sistersYep, still in Kentucky (in case you didn't infer that from the "Hello from Kentucky!") I still have quite a bit of support to raise, and I want to do a good job of it rather than go back to Spain underfunded and end up in the same situation next year. So I've decided that I'm going to stay here and raise support through the holidays. If the funds are there, I'll return to Spain at the beginning of the new year.

While I miss Spain, my friends, my work, and my own bed like crazy, I think this is the right decision. Also, I'm happy to be able to spend Christmas with my family. I've been hanging out with my sisters a ton, and three sisters this good looking should be together as much as possible :).

Thanks to all of you who have been praying for my health--I'm feeling good and am hopfully done with being sick!


Support raising update
Thanks to all of you who have donated towards what God is doing in Madrid. I've made a little headway against the $7500 in one time donations that I needed to raise, but the amount needed is still around $6,000. In monthly support, I'm still a few hundred a month short of being at 100%.

This is definitely an exercise in learning to trust God--some days I'm better at it than others! But I'm convinced that God will provide for what He has called me to. Please continue to pray with me that God will provide.

If you have any questions about donating, about what's going on in Madrid, or about specific needs, please email me, or you can call me.
A new, easier way to donate--IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

Great news--now you can donate online!

Christian Associates now has a new option for donating--a secure web page where you can donate online! You can click here to go to the page, create an account, and donate directly to my support account (there will be a section that asks whether you want to donate to missionaries or projects. Select missionaries, and then scroll down to my name--Wills, Kelly--almost at the bottom.) How cool is that?

If you're already donating by check but would like to save on stamps (not to mention use less paper), you can switch to donating online through this page. Or, if you've never donated but would like to begin, this is the easiest and quickest way!

*If the link above didn't work for some reason, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://dlq4.donatelinq.net/donatelinq4/default.aspx?MerchantID=ChrisAssoInter&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
**If you experience technical problems with the donate online page, email any questions to tech-help@caimail.net.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I’m writing this to inform you about a project I am working on something that will help missionaries like you raise awareness and support. I am in the planning and design stages of launching a missionary news website (GodWitness News) and I would like you to be part of it. The purpose of the website will be to increase awareness about what missionaries are doing around the world. It will be missionary related news, by missionaries. The design I’m working on will be similar to the Yahoo News or to the BBC News websites.

I’m a professional Internet marketer, SEO expert and web designer. I have been thinking for some time that there must be a way I can use my skills to further God’s kingdom. After doing some analysis, I discovered that although there are many missionary blogs and websites, there are not many that have been optimized correctly to get a lot of readership traffic. You are probably aware of this, but a couple of the most important ways to get a lot of traffic is by having a high Google (Google, because it gets the most search traffic) PageRank and by having new content – A LOT of new content.

That is were you come in, with the content. Before I launch the news website, I would like to get 100 (eventually, I hope to have even more than this number, but this would be a good start) missionaries around the world to agree to be “news journalists.” If you are interested, I would like you to be one of the 100. If successful, there would be thousands of hits a day on the website. You would benefit by having many thousands of people around the world read about how God is using you, the work you are doing, and the people you are working with. Hopefully, some of the people visiting the website would support you with prayers and/or finances. Maybe some of them would want to volunteer to help with some of the projects you are working on. You could also benefit from having increased traffic to your website (each article you write could have a link to your website).


If you choose to participate, I would like you to agree to provide at least 12 articles in a year’s time. If you don’t want to write that many, you don’t have to feel obligated to do so though. The topic choice would pretty much be up to you. You could write about events in the country, challenges you are facing, tips for new missionaries, how God provided for your needs, and more. The articles don’t even have to be all that long. If you want to write more detailed articles, that’s fine, but if you want to write short ones(minimum should probably about 300 words), that’s fine too. You can also submit videos and photos. I just ask that everything submitted is good quality (you know, dot the i’s and cross the t’s, spelled checked, etc.) and original. It’s fine if it’s been published in print before, but if the content is already on the internet, the news websites PageRank will be reduced if the content has a copy somewhere out there on the web (yeah, the search bots are picky like that). Search engines don’t care about copies of videos and photos, so no worries there. The reason I say a year is because that is the time period through which I will evaluate how well the idea is accepted and whether I should continue the project. Call it beta testing if you want But that is about the necessary time needed to make the website a success.


If you are interested, please contact me by sending an e-mail to joe@josephkolb.info. Please let me know your name, the country you are working in, your missions name, your website, your contact information, your website, and any questions you have. Please provide as much of that information as possible as it will be hard to keep track of everyone if I have so many participants. Sometime after I get your e-mail and once I get the site going, I will send you a user name and password for your publisher account. I may also send updates or more detailed article criteria (good titles, photo sizes, etc.). I will also send a statement of faith that will have to be agreed to. Pretty much Jesus is the only way, the truth and the light and no one comes to the Father but through him.

I think that’s about it for now. Oh, yeah one more thing, I would like participants to add a link from their website (if they have one) or blog to the news website. In-links is another way that Google uses to establish PageRank.

Thanks in advance!

God Bless You!!

Joe<><
joe@josephkolb.info

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home