Friday, September 02, 2005

September 2005 Update

Hello All,

This update is going to be quick....I'm in an internet cafe which is getting louder by the minute!

First of all, I have an apartment! After looking for only 4 days (which is unheard of), we found a fantastic place right in the center of town. (Actually, it's in one of the old sections with brick streets!)--it's on a street called Calle Espiritu Santo, which means "Holy Spirit Street." Cool, huh? It has a big living room perfect for hosting community groups, and a room next to the living room that works great as an art studio. I can't really describe how cool this apartment is, so I'll post pictures on my blog soon. And to top it all, it was in our price range! Suffice to say that God has provided above and beyond our expectations!

So, now that the apartment hunt is finished, I will be heading back to the States on September 8 to finish support raising. I'm hoping it will be quick (now that I'm back in Madrid I don't want to leave!), but I'm trusting that God will provide for what He has asked me to do.

So right now my life consists of unpacking boxes, finding the grocery stores in my new neighborhood, unpacking more boxes, hanging out with the Mountainview people that have been around all summer, meeting some new people, doing some planning with the Mountainview team, and making plans for support raising back in the states. And sometimes I sleep :).

Here are some things to pray about:
1) Pray for God's provision financially: while I'm in the States raising support I still need to cover the rent on my apartment here, so pray that support raising goes quickly! Ask God to raise up people to join my support team.

2) Thank God for my new apartment! Ask God to use it to bring people into our community, and most importantly, to Him!

3) Continue to pray for the Mountainview team as we plan for the year ahead--ask God to give us His vision for the city.


Thanks for your support, encouragement, and prayer. I'll be keeping in touch!

peace,
Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home